1. What are contemporary standards of practice that support the training of mental health professionals in research methods? Give examples of responsible ways to incorporate research into clinical practice. Be sure to include references to justify your response.
2. Describe two dilemmas that counselor might face in attempting to plan research with special populations (e.g., seriously mentally ill, children, persons with disabilities, elderly, other members of a marginalized group of people). Why are the ethical dilemmas? What principles of ethical research are involved? How would you handle these dilemmas in planning your research? Be sure to include references to justify your responses.
3. Read the “Social Communication Deficits in Conduct Disorder: A Clinical and Community Survey” article in the required readings. What type of research method was used? What questions/hypotheses were being evaluated? What methods were used in the study to obtain results, and describe how they were summarized and organized?
4. Identify and discuss one topic of interest for a possible research project. What problem are you attempting to address with the research topic? What are your research questions and hypotheses? Identify your variables being explored in your proposed research topic.
5. Describe and discuss validity and reliability. Identify the threats to experimental validity. How would you go about designing an experimental study that will control for/reduce any potential threats to validity and reliability in your study? Provide at least two reliable references used to justify your responses.
6. A good experimental design serves three purposes, what are those three purposes? Identify a research project that utilizes a quantitative method design. Explain how you would determine the validity and reliability to both the design and the methods of your research.
7. When should you use qualitative methods when conducting counseling research? Provide at least two examples in your response as well as rationale.
8. What is the difference between clinical significance and statistical significance? How might these concepts be applied to program evaluation? Give an example of an instance in which you might be torn between two types of significance in the reported results of research. What are some other types of statistical evaluations that help to sort out the true significance of clinical research findings? Provide at least two scholarly references for your discussion and justifications.
9. What might be some advantages and disadvantages of using online surveys? Discuss and describe how you might do the following:
1.Choose an online survey tool/instrument
2.Select your participants
3.Create assurance of informed consent and confidentiality
4.Evaluate the reliability and validity of your application of the survey measurement instrument
Provide at least two scholarly sources to support your responses.
10. In making decisions about your use of a mixed methods design study, describe and discuss the following:
1.How you will determine the order in which to implement qualitative and quantitative aspects of the study
2.How you will decide the extent to which each type of data [qualitative and quantitative] will be incorporated into your study
3.How you will decide if the two types of data are to be combined/mixed
4.How you will determine and apply a theory guiding the design of your study Provide at least two scholarly sources to support your responses.
11. You have been selected by your nonprofit agency to evaluate client satisfaction with various clinical services. The agency serves approximately 2,000 clients. How would you go about planning a process to evaluate client satisfaction with services?
12. Describe and discuss the essential elements of a needs assessment in conducting program evaluation. What are the considerations of choosing and implementing needs assessment? Describe how you will apply cultural sensitivity and relevance within your needs assessment. Provide at least two scholarly references in support of your responses.
13. Define and describe the major sections of a research report used in counseling psychology research. What is the core content included in each section of the report? Distinguish between the writing for research purposes versus writing for standard graduate level courses. How are they similar? How are they different?
14. Identify, define, and discuss some of the common problems that can be found in research reports as applied to counseling research? Provide at least two scholarly references you used to justify your responses.
15. Describe and discuss the differences among qualitative and quantitative research reports. What is the purpose of qualitative research as this relates to how you will approach report writing for your study? Provide at least two scholarly references to justify your responses.
16. You are conducting a research study on the long-term effects of functional family therapy on promoting gang-affiliation resistance within a group of Mexican-American families with adolescents. Describe the variables being explored within this study; discuss the process by which you would ensure culturally relevant and ethical report writing will be achieved by you in considering reporting of significant and nonsignificant data results, summary, and conclusions.
Each question needs to be answer by itself with a cite or two shouls look like this
Answers should have 150-200 words in them.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more