Use the Statement and Costing Ethics Template linked in the resources to complete the following in your Financial and Managerial Accounting textbook:
● Problem 14-3B, page 665.
● Ethics Challenge, page 667.
Using the information from Problem 14-2B and the following additional inventory information for Best Bikes, complete the requirements below. Assume income tax expense is $136,700 for the year.
1. Prepare the company’s 2017 schedule of cost of goods manufactured.
Check (1) Cost of goods manufactured, $1,816,995
2. Prepare the company’s 2017 income statement that reports separate categories for (a) selling expenses and (b) general and administrative expenses.
3. Compute the (a) inventory turnover, defined as cost of goods sold divided by average inventory, and (b) days’ sales in inventory, defined as 365 times ending inventory divided by cost of goods sold, for both its raw materials inventory and its finished goods inventory. (To compute turnover and days’ sales in inventory for raw materials, use raw materials used rather than cost of goods sold.) Discuss some possible reasons for differences between these ratios for the two types of inventories. Round answers to one decimal place.
BTN 14-3 Assume that you are the managerial accountant at Infostore, a manufacturer of hard drives, CDs, and DVDs. Its reporting year-end is December 31. The chief financial officer is concerned about having enough cash to pay the expected income tax bill because of poor cash flow management. On November 15, the purchasing department purchased excess inventory of CD raw materials in anticipation of rapid growth of this product beginning in January. To decrease the company’s tax liability, the chief financial officer tells you to record the purchase of this inventory as part of supplies and expense it in the current year; this would decrease the company’s tax liability by increasing expenses.
1. In which account should the purchase of CD raw materials be recorded?
2. How should you respond to this request by the chief financial officer?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more