Assignment due date:
The blog is a semester-long work-in-progress, with final entries and comments to be made by before the Workshop in Week 12.
All students must write the equivalent of at least six (6) blog posts based on the relevant weeks topic and content. This is to be done throughout the semester and blog posts are to completed before the respective and allocated workshop for each student. Late penalties will apply if blog posts are not submitted on time.
· You are required to provide a link (URL) to your blog via the submission link on this page. Promoting your posts via social media is under no circumstances regarded as submitting your assignment. You only need to submit a link to your blog homepage – not to individual posts. Once you submit a functional URL link, no further action or follow up is required.
· A common error here is to submit your personal login URL instead of the blog URL. Please check your URL before submitting.
· Individual posts must be written BEFORE your workshop on the incoming topic for the week in question (e.g. if you write a post on Mobile Marketing, then that post needs to be written before you attend your workshop in week 6).
· Once you submit your blog URL, it is the expectation that you will writing up your blog posts on due time.
Each blog post should be between 300 ~ 400 words.
Learning Objectives Assessed:
· Evaluate the implications of digital technology on buyer behaviour, marketing strategy and customer relationships.
· Assess various digital tools and technologies and identify the most appropriate tool(s) to support specific marketing objectives and strategies.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and frameworks that inform the development of a digital strategy
· This item of assessment requires you to critically write about Digital Marketing throughout the semester, through the use of a blog. You will blog at least six (6) times during the semester.
· Each contribution to your blog post should be a well-considered and thought-provoking comment about a relevant aspect of Digital Marketing and related to the respective workshop / seminar topics. Your blog post should never be a summary or a description of the material given to you in the readings and videos for each respective week. Here, we are looking for more advanced skills such as discussions, debates and critical evaluations.
· Your weekly blogs posts should have some value added perspective, opinion and/or critique that can engage with your audience. QUT outlines in simple terms how to write a critique (Links to an external site.) on their website.
· Interesting topic headings, original content, personal opinions backed up by theory or best practices, credible references (hyperlinks), impactful examples, a call to action, good structure and layout, visuals etc are some of the core considerations of writing a blog post. You can review this checklist Checklists to help you craft your posts
. Please refer to the rubric criteria for further details.
· Your blog post should illustrate consistent engagement with your audience (peers) . It is imperative to promote your blog posts throughout the semester to have others comment on your blog posts. For blog engagement, you are expected to get comments from your peers in your blog posts AND also engage with them by actively responding on their comments in your blog posts. Remember this consistent engagement is worth 30% of the total assessment marks. When choosing blog platforms/tools please make sure that it allows for users to leave comments without signing up. Students are expected to check up on their blog comments regularly and take necessary steps to increase blog engagements.
· Individual blog posts must be completed before each workshop as we will use them as discussion points in class/workshops. You will be given time during the workshop to ‘promote’ your blog and further generate a discussion. You are also encouraged to use our social media channels (Facebook and LinkedIn) to promote your blog post to your peers further.
· Excluding Weeks 1, 5 and 7 there are a total of 9 opportunities to do blog posts. So that means students can write up a maximum of 9 blog posts. However we will only evaluate the best 6 for the assessment. There are no extensions on individual blog posts. If students miss one, they need to move on to next weeks topic. Students can write maximum of one blog post for each week.
· You are encouraged to use a publicly-available blogging tool for this exercise. We recommend WordPress.com. However, you may use Blogger, Linkedin, Wix or others. If you are concerned about using a public blogging service, speak with the tutor.
· You are permitted to utilise multimedia in your blog (such as video blogging, audio podcasts). However, please ensure that you consider your audience and their ease of access to your content. Remember, an excellent blog encourages interaction with the readers. To this end, you need to promote comments and dialogue with your audience actively. You are also required to contribute to the conversations on others’ blogs.
· Remember that at all times you should respect the rights of copyright owners while blogging publicly
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more