1. Question : TCO 1: John comes into the school’s office and sees Betty at the front desk. She’s the receptionist, but John doesn’t know what her job is. John asks Betty if she can register him for classes and provide some financial aid information. Betty says, “sure,” though Betty is not authorized to do these things. Betty registers John for the classes he requests & hands him a financial aid package. What type of authority does Betty display?
a) actual authority
b) apparent authority
c) implied authority
d) expert authority
2. Question : TCO 1: In determining whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor, which of the following factors would a court consider?
b) Control over the time and the manner of doing the work.
c) Payment of business expenses and providing of tools.
d) All of the above.
3. Question : TCO 1: The number of states that have adopted the Model Employment Termination Act is:
a) All 50.
4. Question : TCO 1: An agreement not to go to work for your employer’s competitor is called a:
a) Noncompete Agreement.
b) Unemployment Agreement.
c) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
d) Planned Agreement.
5. Question : TCO 9: John’s employer has a reasonable suspicion that John has been involved in a theft of several thousand dollars worth of tools. As part of the investigation, John undergoes a polygraph test and is asked a series of questions. Which of the following questions would be prohibited by the EPPA?
a) Questions about John’s use of prescription drugs.
b) Questions about John’s performance of his job duties.
c) Questions about inaccuracies on John’s employment application.
d) Questions about John’s whereabouts at the time the tools went missing.
6. Question : TCO 9: The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 applies to:
a) Student Answer: all private employers.
b) all state government employers.
c) certain federal government contractors.
d) all public school systems.
7. Question : TCO 4: Employees of the federal government have their privacy rights protected by the:
a) Privacy Act of 1974.
b) Title VII.
c) State law.
d) Federal Employees Act.
8. Question : TCO 4: When an employee’s work environment becomes so intolerable that the employee has no choice but to resign, the employee’s job loss is referred to as:
a) Constructive discharge.
c) Wrongful firing.
d) Hostile discharge.
9. Question : TCO 1: What is apparent authority? Give an example?
10. Question : TCO 1: What are the duties of the employee and/or the independent contractor?
11. Question : TCO 2: Explain the three criteria for reverse discrimination under Affirmative Action plans
12. Question : TCO 2: Barbara Ann Smith, from London, Connecticut, is white and applied for the leading role as a slave in a documentary on slaves and their escape from the South prior to the Civil War. She was not selected for the position because she is white, and therefore doesn’t look like the character she is wanting to protray. Is this a case of discrimination? Support your position.
13. Question : TCO 9: ACME Co. believes that its employee, Teddy Thief, has knowledge of the theft of company property. Under what circumstances can ACME Co. require Teddy to submit to a polygraph test?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more