Here is how the assignment is to be completed:
• First, pick a film from the supplemental list that interests you. All the films on this list in some way relate to this class, so make sure that you find one that is interesting and/or enjoyable. The supplemental film list is divided into four lists that correspond to dates during the semester and the three units of the class. Make sure that the movie that you pick comes from the list that is appropriate for that date in which you signed up to write your response paper.
• Second, watch the movie and takes notes on it while you watch.
• Third, figure out the plot and the overall messages this film makes about Indians even if Indians are minor characters. Why is this film is interesting and how does it relates to what we have been studying in the class? The film does not necessarily have to be precisely relevant to the topic or reading of the week at the time of your write your paper—you can reference topic from weeks previous or the larger themes of the class.
• Fourth, think about the ways in which this film meets and/or contradicts the genre conventions we have been discussing? And think about how it might meet or contradict expectations of Indianness?
• Lastly, taking all of these things into consideration write your paper, figure out a thesis that allows you to say one thing interesting about this movie.
o Here’s how to write you paper: The body of your paper needs to include at least one example of shot selection, one example of editing, and one example of sound that proves the main point (your thesis) that your are trying to make about the movie.
o Don’t summarize: I expect analysis not a summary of plot, so only discuss the plot as you are explaining the importance of and as it relates to the examples of shot selection, editing and sound that you are discussing.
§ Plot/Narrative is the events of what happens in the movie, what and who the movie is about, and who the main characters are.
§ Shot Selection is all of the visual elements the director is puts in the scene, how these elements spatially relate to each other and perspective from which the camera is set-up.
§ Editing is the order of and relationship between shots, what shots are put next to each other, and what shots are put in what parts of the movie.
§ Sound is the sounds effect and music that are paired with a specific scenes/shots.
List of the movies to choose from….
PBS Hillerman Series: Dark Wind (1993), Skinwalkers (2002), Coyote Waits (2003) (choose one of these 3)
House Made of Dawn (1996)
Smoke Signals (1998)
Naturally Native (1998)
The Fast Runner (Atanarjuat) (2001)
Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)
Barking Water (2009)
The Lesser Blessed (2012)
Crooked Arrows (2012)
Longmire (2012) (any episode)
Drunktown’s Finest (2013)
Wind River (2017)
The Rider (2018)
Indian Horse (2018)
Sweet Country (2018)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more