Week 4 : Business Valuation and Stock Valuation – Exam
1. (TCO A) Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
2. (TCO G) Smith & Constantine Inc. recently announced that their net income increased sharply from the previous year, yet their net cash flow from operations declined. Which of the following could explain this performance?
3. (TCO G) Lucky Corp. has $312,900 of assets, and it uses only common equity capital (zero debt). Its sales for the last year were $620,000, and its net income after taxes was $24,655. Stockholders recently voted in a new management team that has promised to lower costs and get the return on equity up to 15%. What profit margin would Lucky Corp. need in order to achieve the 15% ROE, holding everything else constant?
4. (TCO B) Suppose a state of Delaware bond will pay $1,000 10 years from now. If the going interest rate on these 10-year bonds is 5.5%, how much is the bond worth today?
5. (TCO B) Your father paid $10,000 (CF at t = 0) for an investment that promises to pay $750 at the end of each of the next five years, then an additional lump sum payment of $10,000 at the end of the fifth year. What is the expected rate of return on this investment?
6. (TCO B) Suppose you borrowed $14,000 at a rate of 10.0% and must repay it in five equal installments at the end of each of the next five years. How much interest would you have to pay in the first year?
7. (TCO D) A 15-year bond with a face value of $1,000 currently sells for $850. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
8. (TCO D) Garvin Enterprises’ bonds currently sell for $1,150. They have a six-year maturity, an annual coupon of $85, and a par value of $1,000. What is their current yield?
9. (TCO C) 5-year Treasury bonds yield 5.5%. The inflation premium (IP) is 1.9%, and the maturity risk premium (MRP) on five-year bonds is 0.4%. What is the real risk-free rate, r*?
10. (TCO C) Assume that to cool off the economy and decrease expectations for inflation, the Federal Reserve tightened the money supply, causing an increase in the risk-free rate, rRF. Investors also became concerned that the Fed’s actions would lead to a recession, and that led to an increase in the market risk premium, (rM – rRF). Under these conditions, with other things held constant, which of the following statements is most correct?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more