Huron Company produces a commercial cleaning compound known as Zoom. The direct materials and direct labor standards for one unit of Zoom are given below:
Standard Quantitiy Standard Price Standard
or hours or rate cost
Direct Materials 4.6 pounds 2.50 per pound 11.50
Direct Labor 0.2 hours 12.00 per hour 2.40
During the most recent month, the following activity was recorded:
• a. Twenty thousand pounds of material were purchased at a cost of $2.35 per pound.
• b. All of the material purchased was used to produce 4,000 units of Zoom.
• c. 750 hours of direct labor time were recorded at a total labor cost of $10,425.
• 1. Compute the direct materials price and quantity variances for the month.
• 2. Compute the direct labor rate and efficiency variances for the month.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more