Using the course materials, write an expository essay between 2–3 pages. Your essay should:
· Discuss negotiation and its overall importance to conflict resolution.
· Describe the two approaches to negotiation (competitive and integrative/collaborative).
· Use 2–3 examples to analyze how techniques of each of these approaches lead to conflict resolution.
Assignment Guidelines Your assignment should be 2–3 pages and include the following elements:
· Title page: Provide a running head, your name, section number, and date.
· Body: Provide your answer to the prompt above in complete sentences and paragraphs, using course materials and examples to support your findings.
· Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language and be free of spelling and grammatical errors. The writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful, and should reflect knowledge of communication and conflict. Your viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
· Reference page: List all sources in alphabetical order and in APA format on the reference page.
· Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned.
· Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
· Use current edition APA formatting and citation style throughout your paper.
· Read Chapter 8: “Interpersonal Negotiation” in Interpersonal Conflict. In this chapter, Hocker & Wilmot discuss several different assumptions regarding negotiation. According to the authors, it is important to realize that you engage in negotiation in a variety of situations, often without fully recognizing that we are in the midst of negotiating with others. They argue that, in order to be more successful negotiators, you must first assess the power dynamics in negotiations and, if possible, seek to equalize power. They also describe the differences between competitive and collaborative negotiation and the possible outcomes of each. Finally, the authors explore the stages of negotiation and how an understanding of these stages can lead to negotiation success or failure.
· As you read this chapter, begin to identify several negotiation situations that you have experienced recently but may not have called them negotiation. Also consider the ways in which you use either competitive or collaborative negotiation in those (and other) situations.
· There are at least two primary perspectives on negotiation that may be understood according to their topic, relationship, identity, and process: Collaborative negotiation and Competitive negotiation.
|Grading Criteria||Points Possible||Points Earned|
|Discusses negotiation and its overall importance to conflict resolution.||25|
|Describes the two approaches to negotiation (competitive and integrative/collaborative).||25|
|Uses at least two examples to analyze how techniques of each of these approaches lead to conflict resolution.||25|
|Structure: Submission meets 2–3 page requirement and is written using complete paragraphs and proper sentence structure.||5|
|Mechanics: Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and follows current Edition APA formatting and citation style for the title page, content, and reference page.||5|
|Style: Written in Standard English and demonstrates superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose, as well as a highly ordered, logical, and unified communication of thoughts.||5|
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more