First, let me let you know that the discussion for this week is attached and called “Week 6 Discussion – Create your own MySQL Database Script” & blank word document for anything that needs to go in their but will need to files as well called “Week 6 Discussion”. Please send as a zip file called Week 6 Discussion as a seperate zip file from when you do the lab below.
You can follow the full lab if you’d like or if you want to skip down to the “Lab submission details” (on last page which is 14), you can. Lab submission details is what will be graded. You can get those from the PDF attached and or look below:
Lab submission details:
As part of the submission for this Lab, you will design your own tables and populate them with data based on the following requirements. For each of the requirements, be sure to save the specific SQL statements that you used. Please label each SQL statement corresponding to the numbered requirements below:
1. Create a table named Faculty to store FacultyID( Primary key), FirstName, LastName, Email, Date of birth and number of courses taught to date. You should select the appropriate data types and constraints for the table.
2. Create a table named Courses to store CourseID (Primary key), Discipline Name (e.g. SDEV), Course Number (e.g. 300), Number of Credits (e.g. 3), Year first offered (e.g. 2010) and Course Title. You should select the appropriate data types and constraints for the table.
3. Create a table named FacultyCourses to store the Faculty and the Courses they have taught. You should design the table based on the Faculty and Courses tables you previously created.
4. Use Insert statements to populate at least 10 faculty records, 5 Course records, and 25 FacultyCourses records
5. Use update statements to update all Courses to 4 credits
6. Use update statements to update any Faculty who have taught more than 4 courses to modify the number to 5 courses taught
7. Delete any Faculty record whose LastName starts with the letter ‘Z’
8. Delete any Course record that was first offered in 1999
9. Use select statements to display all records in all 3 tables. Order by the Faculty lastname, and Course title as appropriate. Note you should use 3 separate select statements to satisfy this requirement.
10. Use Select statements to display all Faculty who have not taught any courses
11. Use Select statements to display all Courses offered before 1984
12. Use Select and appropriate joins to display all columns from the Faculty and Course tables for each Faculty and Course in the FacultyCourse table. Note: this will be a 3-table join.
Create screen shots showing the successful running of each your scripts.
For your deliverables, you should submit a zip file containing your word document (or PDF file) with screen shots of the application running successfully along with your SQL script file. You do not need separate files for each script. You can include them in one SQL script.
Include your full name, class number and section and date in the document that is blank and attached called williamclementsSDEV300Lab7.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more