1. How does King establish his ethos (i.e., his credibility, authority, or trustworthiness) in this essay? Offer at least twospecific examples from the essay for support.
2. According to King, why is action now necessary, in terms of both place and time? In other words, why in Birmingham and why at this particular moment in American history?
3. Reread the paragraph that begins “We have waited for more than 340 years …” and note King’s use of repetition of the phrase “when you …” throughout. Do you find this to be an effective rhetorical strategy for achieving the letter’s purpose? Why or why not? Explain.
4. King describes two types of law: just and unjust. How does he define each of these? And do you agree with his definitions? Why or why not? Explain. Note: In responding to this question, look very carefully at the logical progression of ideas in this section, and think carefully about how King considers the broader audience of this letter (the American public).
5. According to King, what two opposing forces exist in the Negro community? How has King tried to stand between them? And why do you think he mentions this here? Explain.
6. In what ways has King been disappointed by white moderates? By the white church? Why do you think he details all of this in his letter? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more