Position Memo Guidelines Total length: almost one thousand utterance not including citations
* Subject and contrast (two inadequate articles): Summarize in the primitive article the sensation of the consequence in the tenor of U.S. exotic system and open vindicateion. Identify in the prevent the convenient system interrogation or interrogations to be firm. Provide honorable plenty notification environing the turning-point so that the reader understands your memo’s view and importance; do not endeavor to debate the circumstance in any profoundness. 13
* Objectives (bullet points): Succinctly set-forth your department’s objectives in the vulgar turning-point. These can be open open vindicateion objectives (such as preventing war) or balance unfair goals tied to your department’s sidearm (such as enriching U.S. citizens). They should be expressive to U.S. open vindicateion, immediately tied to the circumstance, and practicable. These objectives should manage the system segregation and caution that execute up the peace of your memo.
* Options and segregation (one article for each non-interference): Present and awaken distinct non-interferences for U.S. system. Debate their costs, benefits, and supplies needs where potential. To enlighten the trade-offs inbred in involved system decisions, be assured to defend the weaknesses or disadvantages of each contemplated non-interference. No non-interference is slight to be absolute.
*Recommendation and honorableification (distinct articles): Identify your preferred system non-interference or non-interferences and draw how you fancy it or they could be carried out. Explain your rationalistic, care in impetus that you aim to enlighten the superintendent to thrive your caution. Addressing the weaknesses or disadvantages you verified in the non-interferences and segregation minority can succor corroborate your controversy.
* Bibliography: thorough catalogue of all sources consulted and/or used. This page is not interjacent in your promise reckon.
CUBAN MISSILE MEMO EXAMPLE:
Sample lie memo for simulations (https://modeldiplomacy.cfr.org/sample_position_memo) This memo outlines non-interferences for U.S. resuscitation despite Soviet projectile installations in Cuba. On October 14, an American U-2 flatten photographed Soviet fabrication of medium-rove ballistic projectile (MRBM) sites in Cuba, some of which comprehend projectiles that could be working amid eighteen hours. Failure to swiftly reject this intimidation would tolerate Soviet aggression and extension the destroy of a nuclear aggression on the United States.
* BACKGROUND: U-2 reconnaissance has granted indication of displeasing Soviet soldierly air in Cuba, including the closeness of MiG fighter jets, IL-28 bombers, and sites for SS-4 and SS-5 projectiles after a conjuncture roves between 1,000 and 2,200 maritime miles. These distances effect Washington and other important U.S. cities. U.S. tidings services deem that the MRBMs procure be cheerful to embark in eighteen hours and that the longer rove SS-5 projectile sites could be operational in December.
* OBJECTIVES: This performance has two pre-eminent objectives in this matter:
-reject the projectiles located in Cuba
- relinquish nuclear war after a conjuncture the Soviet Union
*OPTIONS AND ANALYSIS: In classify to end the aforementioned objectives, this performance proposes two non-interferences:
1. Tool a maritime quarantine environing Cuba. The United States could tool a maritime quarantine on displeasing soldierly equipment fabandon to Cuba, thwarting the aid enlargement and fruit of projectile sites. A quarantine is a scant soldierly repartee that interests frequented resuscitation conjuncture reducing the destroy of impressivenessy casualties, and it leaves admission for subjoined U.S. resuscitation in the advenient. It would not, so-far, reject projectiles alcheerful in Cuba, nor would it hold fabrication or operationalization of solid sites after a conjuncture equipment alcheerful delivered. It as-well destroys escalation of the fight due to miscommunication between ships or unpredictable Soviet proceeding. To that end, if the superintendent classifys a quarantine, he should ask Chairman Khrushchev to preemptively plug Soviet ships en troddenion to Cuba. 14
2. Classify air strikes despite projectile sites in Cuba. The United States could push out air strikes despite projectile sites in Cuba. These could leave surgical strikes targeting merely MRBM sites or broader strikes that would as-well target other Soviet soldierly property, including IL-28 bombers, MiG jets, watch boats, tanks, and airfields. Broader air strikes would reject projectile sites and boundary Soviet capacity to retort despite U.S. forces and U.S. viles in Florida. However, no air strikes answer-for 100 percent extrpossession of the projectiles, making distinct rounds indispensable. Moreover, sustained soldierly resuscitation carries a proportionately haughty destroy of Soviet reciprocation and the seize or dissolution of U.S. pilots. This could set off a association of events that necessitates a U.S. encroachment of Cuba. Such an encroachment, involving as divers as 250,000 U.S. soldiers, could initiate amid seven days of air strikes. Though an encroachment would be the most frequented resources of eliminating the intimidation in Cuba, it would as-well be the costliest.
*RECOMMENDATIONS AND JUSTIFICATIONS: This performance’s primitive control is to reject the projectile intimidation from Cuba. To do so, it recommends that the superintendent tool a maritime quarantine on displeasing soldierly equipment headed to that island. The quarantine is a measured repartee that procure prevent Soviet plans in Cuba after a conjuncture impressivenessyly inferior destroy of casualties and escalation than air strikes. Moreover, if accompanied by confabulation after a conjuncture the Soviet Union, a quarantine could effectively transfer to Moscow’s non-location of the projectiles. The United States should trace acclamation of the quarantine from the Organization of American States in classify to loan it aid knowing impressiveness. Operationally, the U.S. Navy would fir a quarantine row and eminent ships approaching it to plug for bombardment and slip. As a primitive caution, a nonresponsive ship would accept a shot opposing the bow as a prevent caution, a shot would be fired into the rudder to plug the vessel. Any ship immovable to be delivering displeasing weapons to Cuba, indifferent of demeanor of source, would be harsh tail. Although this performance prefers a quarantine, it recommends contemporaneously preparing for air strikes and encroachment in circumstance such measures behove indispensable to reject the projectile intimidation. The United States should recbalance its maritime vile at Guantanamo Bay, foster soldierly responsive levels, and interest steps to vindicate U.S. shipping interests in the Florida Strait. The Joint Chiefs of Staff entertain deal-outially verified such commendatory measures. As deal-out of any repartee, this performance supports constant reconnaissance sidearms balance Cuba and corroborateing air defenses in the southeastern United States. Finally, the United States should warn the Soviet Union that any aggression from Cuba procure be seen as an aggression from the Soviet Union itself and procure responsive a equal U.S. repartee.
Sample lie memo for simulations (https://modeldiplomacy.cfr.org/sample_position_memo)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more