Choose one of the topics below and complete a written report on it. In researching your topic, make sure you back up your work with evidence from reliable sources. Your paper must be approximately 1,500 words in length (6 pages, double spaced, 12 font, 1 inch margins) – not including appendix of ads. You must cite any sources you use in the text, for example, (Smith, 2015), and provide full references at the end of your paper using APA or ASA style. Keep in mind that you will be marked on spelling, grammar, and quality of writing.
*this paper has to base on the eBook, you can use some outside resources (ex. the pictures of the ads), but has to be academic/ reliable. *
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS – Include an appendix with examples of printed ads. I have included some questions and thoughts for you to consider on each of the topics. You are not obligated to respond to them. Also, you cannot limit your work to only answering those questions.
1. By using concrete examples, discuss how advertising reflects our culture as well as creates our culture. How do multinational corporations impact the culture of countries around the world? Give some examples of the how the link between advertising and culture has had negative consequences.
2. Discuss how the use of celebrity endorsing in advertising has evolved in the last 30 years. Are they more or less successful as an advertising tool than in the past? Give some positive and negative examples of advertising campaigns that have used celebrities.
3. Choose 3 vintage ads and 3 contemporary ads representing ‘the other’, for example, people from minority groups, disabled people, the overweight, the elderly, etc. How have the representations changed? How does this reflect our attitudes to these groups?
4. Choose 3 social advertising campaigns that encourage us to change our behaviour in some way, for example, practise safe sex, get active, stop smoking, etc. and discuss the ethical considerations of businesses promoting causes and selling products. For example, can Labatt’s have an ad campaign warning people to not drink and drive while selling alcohol.
5. Discuss the research on the positive and negative effects of advertising on children and adolescents. Are the regulations on advertising to children necessary? To certain ages? For certain products? For certain media?
6. Examine how advertising for products, like cigarettes, marijuana, and/or alcohol, has evolved. Are the restrictions imposed on advertising such products necessary, adequate, or too extreme?
7. Investigate how political campaigns are essentially advertising campaigns for a particular candidate or political party. Are such strategies an acceptable way of choosing society’s leaders?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more