Ethics for Dummies, by Panza & Potthast, provide written answers to the following questions. Please give complete answers in complete sentences.
1. What is a moral principle? How does it differ from a moral rule?
2. What is practical reason?
3. What is the difference between acting from duty and acting from inclination?
4. What is the difference between acting in accord with duty and acting from duty? (Use the honest shopkeeper as an example.)
5. What is the difference between heteronomy and autonomy? What is the connection between living ethically and living free?
6. What is a maxim?
7. What is an imperative? What is the difference between a hypothetical imperative and the categorical imperative?
8. What is the Formula of Universal Law? Explain what it means.
9. What is a universalizability test? (NOTE: Panza & Potthast misspell it!)
10. What is the Formula of Humanity? Explain what it means.
11. What is a kingdom of ends? How is the Formula of the Kingdom of Ends related to the two previous formulas?
12. What do Panza & Potthast say is the difference between perfect duties and imperfect duties? (NOTE: In trying to simplify the distinction, they may miss what is essential. Note later how Mill characterizes the difference.)
13. How does the Formula of Universal Law help distinguish perfect from imperfect duties? (NOTE: Panza & Potthast do a pretty good job with this.)
14. What is one of the four examples of specific duties Kant uses, and how does violating it also violate the categorical imperative?
15. Why might it be a problem that duties in Kantian ethics are unconditional?
16. Why might it be a problem that Kantian ethics focuses on rationality (and rational beings)?
It's no longer good enough to create a high-quality product at a reasonable cost.
That is why we have created 9 compelling warranties to make your usage of our service pleasant, simple, and secure.
You must be completely confident in the quality of your products in order to provide a money-back guarantee. This is precisely how custom paper writing services work. We double-check that there are no hidden issues with this promise and that you are completely happy with the quality of your purchase.Read more
Our writers do not employ others’ writing tricks, because we are aware that plagiarism may cost a lot to our clients and take away their reputation.Read more
We want you to be satisfied with your order, so we offer a free revision policy. If you are not completely happy with your order, let us know and we will revise it for free.Read more
We care about our customers and always strive to keep their trust. That’s why Customwritingspapers.com guarantees privacy and safety of your personal information. To ensure total security, we take the following measures:Read more
Our team of editors works tirelessly to ensure that all papers meet our high standards for quality. They check for the instructions, grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes as well as for plagiarism.Read more
We would never want to jeopardize our relationship with you, and that is why we offer a fair-cooperation guarantee: If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, you can always get your money back.Read more
We only hire the best, most qualified professionals to work on your order. Each writer is a degree holder with extensive experience in their field. You can be assured that your project will be handled by a true expert.Read more
Our quality assurance department ensures that each paper is of excellent quality before it is sent to you. You can be sure that your paper will meet all of the requirements that you set. Our experts are highly skilled and will follow your specific instructions to the letter.Read more
We have a highly professional and qualified customer support team that is available 24/24, 365 days a year. They will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have about our company or products. You can contact them by phone, email, or chat on our website.Read more