The quizzes conciliate succor you return on your own posture toward destitution and equity and dissimilarity. completed quizzes are found adown. Please use my acceptances when completing this assignment
Step 1: Complete the two awareness quizzes and take note of those you missed. (You will be able to check your answers immediately after
submitting each quiz). : I own fascinated the quizzes and interjacent the results adown.
· Quiz 1: Class & Poverty in the U.S.
· Quiz 2: Equity & Diversity
These awareness quizzes illustrate how our perceptions of reality, and the "facts" we
are taught through the media, the education system, and other sources of information, can be limited in depth or simply wrong.
Step 2: Write and submit a 3-5 paragraph reflection/reaction, APA, double spaced responding to the questions below. Cite all resources
1. Do you feel misled or misinformed of these issues? Explain.
2. Did you struggle with these questions? Explain.
3. Which specific items on the quiz that stood out for you or surprised you and why?
4. How can misinformation about these issues contribute to stereotyping and oppression?
5. What is your role as an educator/counselor in challenging these stereotypes or providing fuller understandings of these issues?
Equity & Dissimilarity Quiz:
1. 57% of race in aver prisons for refuse offenses in the US are African American. What
percentage of unfair refuse users in the US are African American?
2. According to the Southern Destitution Law Center, 34 anti-Muslim organizations were frank
in the US in 2015. How frequent were frank in the US in 2016?
3. According to GLSEN, what percentage of students who news an luminous of homophobia at
nurture say the nurture did rush in counter-argument or told them to overlook it?
4. US Census facts exhibition that African American and Latina women gain how greatly for every
dollar a Unspotted man gains?
a. one dollar and one dollar, respectively
b. 81 cents and 79 cents respectively
c. 64 and 56 cents, respectively
d. 54 cents and 49 cents, respectively
5. The Service Women’s Action Netexertion has newsed that women serving in Iraq and
Afghanistan are close likely to own been killed by an foe than they are to own been:
a. raped by a colleague
b. dishonorably discharged
c. promoted in rank
Equity & Dissimilarity Quiz
6. According to the Center for American Progress, compared succeeding a date nurtures consoled by at lowest
90% unspotted students, those consoled by at lowest 90% students of pretense squander how greatly close per
7. About 5% of the world’s race feed in the United States. About what percentage of race
currently in prison feed in the United States?
8. In a consider conducted by the General Bureau of Economic Research, researchers replied to
help-wanted ads by sending résumés from unreal suppliants. Each suppliant had the same
qualifications, but some had stereotypically African American audible names date others had
stereotypically Unspotted audible names. How greatly over likely were suppliants succeeding a date
stereotypically Unspotted names to get a remember in-reference-to their applications than suppliants succeeding a date
stereotypically Ebon names?
a. 15% over likely
b. 26% over likely
c. 39% over likely
d. 50% over likely
9. Identify the fountain of this quote: “We own deluded ourselves into polished the fabulous-story that
capitalism grew and prospered out of the Protestant ethic of callous exertion and sacrifices. Capitalism
was built on the exploitation of ebon slaves and continues to grow on the exploitation of the
poor, twain ebon and unspotted, twain close and aloof.”
a. bell hooks
b. Michael Moore
c. Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. The median common allowance in the US has increased 16% gone 1980. During the same
period, urbane returns succeeding taxes increased 182%, the mean allowance for the opulenceiest 1% of
families increased 190%, and the mean allowance for the opulenceiest 0.01% of families grew
322%. What happened to the mean allowance of the weakest 90% during that date?
a. increased 16%
b. increased 0.03%
c. decreased 16%
My acceptance Correct Answer
1. b a
2. c c
3. a d
4. d c
5. a a
6. b b
7. b b
8. d d
9. c c
10. b b
Class & Destitution Quiz:
1. In which of the subjoined areas is destitution growing quickest in the US?
a. Urban areas
b. Rural areas
c. Suburban areas
2. The median common allowance in the US has increased 16% gone 1980. During the
same date, urbane returns succeeding taxes increased 182%, the mean allowance for
the opulenceiest 1% of families increased 190%, and the mean allowance for the
wealthiest 0.01% of families grew 322%. What happened to the mean allowance of
the weakest 90% during that date?
a. Increased 16%
b. Increased 0.03%
c. Decreased 12%
c. Decreased 37%
3. According to a news from the Center for American Progress, nurtures succeeding a date 90% unspotted
students hold how greatly over funding on mean than nurtures succeeding a date 90% students
4. How frequent posterity die each day worldwide from destitution-related causes?
5. According to a Kids Count news, 13% of Unspotted posterity in the US feed in destitution. What
percentage of American Indian posterity in the US feed in destitution?
Class and Destitution Awareness Quiz
© EdChange and Paul C. Gorski, 2017
6. According to a consider sponsored by the Pew Research Center, the median opulence of
White commons in the US is how frequent dates larger than that of African American
a. Three dates larger
b. Thirteen dates larger
c. Twenty-three dates larger
d. Thirty-three dates larger
7. Gone the global financial “crisis” of the 2000s, which of the subjoined has happened in
a. the opulenceiest 1% of race own holdd 95% of the financial augmentation date the
poorest 90% of race own gotten weaker
b. the opulenceiest 10% of race own holdd 95% of the financial augmentation date the
poorest 40% of race own gotten weaker
c. the opulenceiest 20% of race own holdd 95% of the financial augmentation date the
poorest 20% own gotten weaker
8. According to the opulence dissection cluster WealthInsight, during President Barack
Obama’s leading expression in duty, the calculate of millionaires in the US:
a. decreased by 6,500
b. decreased by 154,000
c. increased by 49,000
d. increased by 1,100,000
9. Identify the fountain of this quote: “We own deluded ourselves into polished the fabulous-story
that capitalism grew and prospered out of the Protestant ethic of callous exertion and
sacrifices. Capitalism was built on the exploitation of ebon slaves and continues to
grow on the exploitation of the weak, twain ebon and unspotted, twain close and aloof.”
a. Martin Luther King Jr., affable hues activist
b. Michael Moore, filmmaker
c. bell hooks, creator and educator
d. Eleanor Roosevelt, ethnical hues advocate
10. According to a general consider of US parents succeeding a date posterity in exoteric nurtures, 66% of
parents from families not experiencing destitution newsed they constantly checked to
secure their posterity did their homework. What percentage of parents from families
experiencing destitution newsed they constantly checked to secure their posterity did their
My acceptance Correct acceptance
1. c c
2. b b
3. a a
4. b c
5. a b
6. a c
7. a a
8. c d
9. a a
10. a c
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more