Forcefield Energy Inc. is a public corporation registered in the State of Ohio to provide heavy-duty and aeroderivative gas turbines for utilities, independent power producers, and industrial applications for customers in the United States. The primary goal of the company is to maximize stockholder wealth by making financial and investment decisions that would increase cash flows and stock price. Last year, the company’s stock price fell by 12% because of cash flow uncertainties, competitive markets, and unethical actions. The board of directors of the company has hired Joseph Sabatino, MBA to head the corporate finance department. Sabatino graduated from UC in 2016 with a master’s degree in Strategic management. He has worked in the energy sector for 5 years and has experience in capital markets and financial institutions. To achieve the stated wealth maximization goal of Forcefield Energy, Sabatino has suggested to the board of directors of the company to expand its operations outside the United States to diversify risk, increase market share, and improve free cash flows. Forcefield Energy wants you to help them answer the following questions:
1. Explain free cash flow and its relevance to Forcefield Energy.
2. Explain to the board three properties of the company’s cash flows that would likely help to increase the firm’s value.
3. Forcefield Energy Inc. is a corporate legal entity created under Ohio laws, separate and distinct from its owners. List three advantages and two disadvantages of a corporation as a form of business organization.
4. Agency problems and conflict of interest occur in corporations. What is an agency problem? What is corporate governance?
5. Is the primary goal of maximizing stockholder wealth good or bad for the society at large? Explain.
6. List four examples of unethical actions that could harm the stock value maximization goal of a business organization.
7. Identify three attributes that Forcefield Energy Inc. should have to be successful as a corporation.
8. i). Why is corporate finance important to the success of Forcefield Energy?
ii). What financial skills should Sabatino have to help Forcefield Energy achieve its stated goals?
9. Joseph Sabatino, the head of the corporate finance department, is planning to raise $10 million from the financial market to expand the business operations. Identify four major financial instruments that can be used to raise the needed long-term capital.
10. Explain to the board of directors four economic conditions that can affect the cost of money raised from the financial market.
Submit your answers in a Word document.
It's no longer good enough to create a high-quality product at a reasonable cost.
That is why we have created 9 compelling warranties to make your usage of our service pleasant, simple, and secure.
You must be completely confident in the quality of your products in order to provide a money-back guarantee. This is precisely how custom paper writing services work. We double-check that there are no hidden issues with this promise and that you are completely happy with the quality of your purchase.Read more
Our writers do not employ others’ writing tricks, because we are aware that plagiarism may cost a lot to our clients and take away their reputation.Read more
We want you to be satisfied with your order, so we offer a free revision policy. If you are not completely happy with your order, let us know and we will revise it for free.Read more
We care about our customers and always strive to keep their trust. That’s why Customwritingspapers.com guarantees privacy and safety of your personal information. To ensure total security, we take the following measures:Read more
Our team of editors works tirelessly to ensure that all papers meet our high standards for quality. They check for the instructions, grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes as well as for plagiarism.Read more
We would never want to jeopardize our relationship with you, and that is why we offer a fair-cooperation guarantee: If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, you can always get your money back.Read more
We only hire the best, most qualified professionals to work on your order. Each writer is a degree holder with extensive experience in their field. You can be assured that your project will be handled by a true expert.Read more
Our quality assurance department ensures that each paper is of excellent quality before it is sent to you. You can be sure that your paper will meet all of the requirements that you set. Our experts are highly skilled and will follow your specific instructions to the letter.Read more
We have a highly professional and qualified customer support team that is available 24/24, 365 days a year. They will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have about our company or products. You can contact them by phone, email, or chat on our website.Read more