This week you will examine research that applied theories of health behavior at the interpersonal level. A major assumption at this level is that individuals behave in healthy or unhealthy ways largely due to the influence of significant people in their lives. Other people share their thoughts and feelings, give advice, and provide emotional support and assistance, all of which can influence an individual’s behavior. These significant others represent the influence of the social environment in which an individual exists. They are typically family members and friends, but they can also be peers, coworkers, health professionals, and other social groups who are similar and/or influential to the individual (U.S. Department of Heatlh and Human Service, 2005).
U.S. Department of Heatlh and Human Service, (2005). Theory at a glance: A guide for health promotion practice. (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/brp/research/theories_project/theory.pdf
Name: [Type your name here.]
Martin Ginis, K. A., Latimer, A. E., Arbour-Nicitopoulos, K. P., Bassett, R. L., Wolfe, D. L., & Hanna, S. E. (2011). Determinants of physical activity among people with spinal cord injury: A test of Social Cognitive Theory. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 42(1), 127–133. doi:10.1007/s12160-011-9278-9
1. Read the research article, which you will access from the Walden Library databases.
2. Type your answers under each question. The space between questions will expand as you write your response.
3. Be sure to type your full name above.
4. Save the worksheet as: WK3_RAR_SCT3_[your last name_first name initial]
(for example: WK3_RAR_SCT3_Gallien_T)
1. In the introduction of the article, which Social Cognitive Theory (SCT) constructs did the authors identify as being predictive of physical activity behavior in “various able-bodied populations”?
2. How did the authors measure the specific SCT constructs examined in the current study?
3. How was physical activity behavior among the study participants measured?
4. Based on the results of the study, which SCT constructs were predictors of physical activity among the study participants? Describe each construct’s ability to predict the behavior.
5. What suggestions did the authors give for the development of effective interventions to increase physical activity among people with physical disabilities, such as spinal cord injury?
6. Describe any differences in your ability to analyze the article in Week 3 compared with Week 2.
7. Were you able to overcome the challenge you identified in Week 2 by using your plan to overcome it? Explain why or why not.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more